- Professor of Chemical Engineering at the Department of Chemistry of the University of Rome “La Sapienza”.
- Research areas: Environmental and Industrial biotechnologies for treatment and valorisation of waste and wastewater. Biopolymer (PHA) production. Remediation of polluted soils and groundwater.
- Co-author of more than 170 papers on international scientific journals with peer review, which received more than 5400 citations (HI=43).
- Scientific coordinator of several research projects under public or private commitment, including several FP7 and H2020 Projects. Presently, Coordinator of the H2020 Project RES URBIS (GA 730349) “Resources from Urban BioWaste”.
- Head of the multidisciplinary Research Center for protection of Environment and Cultural Heritage (CIABC).
- Coordinator of the PhD Programme in Chemical Engineering.