Circular solutions for electronics and Hi-tech Industry
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- 14:00 - 17:00
- Agorà Ariminum – Circular Economy Area D1 pav.
- organized by Comitato Tecnico Scientifico di Ecomondo & ERION
The current European scenario of raw materials supply is pushing electronics and hitech industry to develop circular solutions to increasing the volumes of materials recovered from waste and consequently to increase the volumes of waste collected properly from consumers and from professional activities (e.g. offices, industrial sites). Initiatives involving four value chains associated to electronic products will be scrutinized: household and Professional WEEE, batteries/accumulators and packaging of electronics.
First of all, initiatives to quantify the potential volumes and environmental impacts of the proper collection and management of waste will be presented then it will be showcased good initiatives to increase the amount collected and recycled.
Luca Campadello, Strategic development & innovation manager Erion
14.00-14.15 Introduction by the Chair
14.15-15.15 Solutions to improve collection of waste associated to electronic products (EEE, batteries and accumulators, packaging)
- initiative for the collection of small WEEE;
- initiative for the collection of professional WEEE: the Exceed program;
- how to improve the collection of packaging waste from electronic products;
- modeling the future availability of CRM from WEEE and waste batteries.
Stefania Tomaro, SEA Campobasso
Salvatore D’Onofrio, DAIKIN
Davide Rossi, AIRES
Vanessa Forti e Giulia Iattoni, United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR)
15.15-15.45 The methodology for the evaluation of the environmental impacts of the proper management of waste of batteries and accumulators
Rossella Luglietti, DSS+
15.45-16.30 Solutions for the recycling of output fractions from WEEE and waste batteries:
- recycling process of Neodymium from WEEE and e-mobility;
- future scenarios for batteries from e-mobility;
- development of a recycling process for rigid foam of refrigerators.
Francesco Negri, Itelyum
Stefano Sordelli, Volkswagen Group Italia
Antonella Tarzia, CETMA
16.30-17.00 Discussion and closure by the Chairs
- Resource efficiency and Circular Economy
- On-site event