Discover the new themes
Ecomondo is the only platform in Europe to offer a broad programme of conferences, workshops and seminars to present international evidence and new trends relating to the various strands of the circular economy, including building, packaging, electronics and the automotive industry.
At the next edition, we will talk about:
- Economic transition
- Circular economy: new trends and visions; role of the Italian Circular Economy Stakeholder Platform (ICESP) in disseminating circular economy knowledge and best practices; new management options and assessment tools to speed up the transition to the circular economy; EPR and the circular economy for the textile-clothing value chain
- The role of industrial symbiosis to prevent waste generation
- Industry 4.0 technology for safer, more sustainable industry
- Advanced packaging: new national survey on innovation in the sector
- The plastics value chain in municipal waste management: comparison of best practices at international level
- Life Programme: innovation in the green and circular economy sectors (with a focus on re-use, repair and refit)
- From separated collection to recycling: not just secondary raw materials but also special waste
- Water and agriculture – sustainable and resilient integrated management and re-use
- Water and waste – sewage sludge management
- Water and health – bathing safety plans
- Water and regulations – innovation and barriers in regulation
- Water, infrastructure and industry – digital transition and technological innovation for the integrated optimisation of the urban and industrial water cycle
- The Agrifood Cluster: a public-private partnership supporting the bioeconomy strategy for a sustainable agri-food sector.
- Green New Deal: the strategy from field to fork
- Regulations, raw materials and transformation in biobased industry
- Industrial flagships supporting the Italian bioeconomy
- Soil productivity and health
- Architecture and nature: green building, forest bioeconomy, eco-design
- National Biomethane Platform
- Management and re-use of sediments in coastal areas from coastal sources, ports and reservoirs, for sustainable blue growth
- Healthy and circular blue growth in Italy’s seas
- Marine litter in the Mediterranean
- The Bluemed Pilot Initiative: the strategy developed by plastics manufacturers and the region’s operators
- Geotechnical monitoring of works for territorial defence and environmental protection
- Innovative geotechnical solutions related to sediment and sludge management
- From safety measures to the reclamation of contamination sources: new characterisation and intervention technologies in the Italian context compared with the international experience
- Odour emissions: from abatement technologies to new control strategies
- Atmospheric pollution: the situation, control measures, risks and prevention policies
- Indoor air quality: from an invisible issue to an emerging issue for the country’s competitiveness: the legislative framework, the current state of knowledge and preventive health measures
- Health Impact Assessments (HIA) in Italy and in Europe
- Waste management in light of the transposition of EU directives
- First and likely effects of waste management regulations for companies
Ecomondo’s events programme is an opportunity to rally the managers of multinational groups, technicians, experts and researchers, and bring them together with the leading experts, scientists and opinion leaders of the various sectors.
- Beacon panels: conferences that “shed light”. We talk with leading experts and international researchers about their vision for the future.
- Beacon conferences: international panel discussions and workshops.
- Themed conferences: in-depth studies, new developments, best practices. Themed conferences are open to calls for papers from companies and researchers from all over the world.
- Conferences on regulations and procedures.
- Association and company conferences that propose solutions and innovations.