Discover the themes of the next show
Ecomondo is the only platform in Europe to offer a broad programme of conferences, workshops and seminars to present national and international evidence and new trends relating to the various strands of the circular economy, including building, packaging, electronics and the automotive industry.
At the next show, we will talk about:
- The circular economy: the paradigm of the 21st century for the redefinition of growth and development.
- Industry 4.0 tools for the management and more effective valorisation of civil and industrial waste
- Models to meet targets and pricing models.
- Treatment and valorisation of solid and special waste.
- Composting, anaerobic digestion and innovation in the biorefining of industrial and municipal waste.
- Innovative technologies and materials for and from the circular economy, and the new frontiers in waste recycling and valorisation
- Plastic and Bioplastic: management and valorisation of sector waste, reduction of the impact in the sea and the soil, and new European legislation on the issue.
- Bio-economy. Sustainability in the food industry, and reduction and valorisation of food waste. New industrial priorities for the forestry value chain. Biorefineries integrated into regions for the production of new biomaterials and bioproducts, and the requalification of abandoned or crisis-stricken agricultural and industrial areas. Coastal defence, the requalification of ports and the management of contaminated sediments in the Mediterranean. The circular economy in Mediterranean fisheries and aquaculture
- Management and valorisation of primary and drinkable water resources, urban waste water and slurries in contexts relating to agriculture and industry. Valorisation of industrial waste water. The path of the whole sector to the circular economy.
- Reclamation and sustainable requalification of contaminated areas, prevention and monitoring of hydro-geological risk.
- The quality of indoor air: situations and outlook in Italy and Europe. Odorous emissions: from abatement technologies to new control strategies.
- Communication and Corporate Social Responsibility: the new tools for a new culture of sustainability.
- New priorities and opportunities for Circular, Smart and Healthy Cities: the circular and sustainable approach in the lives of citizens.
THE STATES GENERAL OF THE GREEN ECONOMY RETURNS
5-8 November 2019
Every year, Ecomondo plays host to the States General of the Green Economy, the key annual meeting for Italy’s green economy. Promoted by the National Council of the Green Economy, in partnership with the Ministry for the Environment and the Ministry for Economic Development, it provides an analysis and an update on the most topical and important economic and regulatory issues.
START-UPS AND INNOVATION
An innovation area dedicated to Italian and international start-ups, partnered and supported by:
- ASTER – Region of Emilia Romagna, partnered and supported by the Knowledge Innovation communities of the EIT (Climate, Raw Materials at Innoenergy)
- Alma Mater Studiorum – University of Bologna
- Fondazione Giuseppina Mai of Confindustria